Are you looking forward to boosting your online traffic? Or are you a content writer wanting to write the best SEO optimized content? Read more to know about the top SEO growth hacks.
Every brand nowadays needs to have an online presence that not only promotes the brand value but also helps in the process of lead generation. Every brand/company that is not promoting its business over the internet is by default falling behind the brands that allocate funds towards having an online presence.
Companies use many techniques that would aid them in promoting their business online. There are many inorganic means to build an online presence, but the most important way of doing so is by Search Engine Optimization.
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the practice of optimizing content to be found through the organic search outcomes of a search engine. In simple terms, SEO is getting more quality traffic to your website by using organic (free) means.
SEO operates by showing search engines that the best outcome for the subject at hand is your content. By optimizing your website and content for the search engines, you can help your brand’s website to rank higher in Search Engine Results Page (SERPs).
Search engines work on an algorithm created by the search engines to showcase the most appropriate content according to the user’s query. If you want more organic traffic to your web pages, the algorithm of the search engine needs to be understood and addressed.
Importance of SEO
Search engines serve millions of customers a day in search of responses to their queries. The more the traffic on your website, the more are the chances of generating leads. SEO can assist you to get targeted free traffic from search engines if you have a website, blog or online shop.
Search engine optimization is important because:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the website owner’s main instrument for getting more traffic to the website. To get traffic and maintain the level over the search engine, optimizing a website is essential. The primary goal of optimizing the search engine is to get more traffic from a variety of sources and to make them come back to the website frequently.
- SEO can produce excellent traffic based on particular keywords and eventually impact e-commerce site income.
- In online business websites as well as other interactive websites, SEO plays a vital role. SEO helps to get more traffic by regularly updating content on the website.
- Users trust search engines and having a presence in the top positions for keywords that are being searched by the customer improves the confidence of the website.
- SEO helps you to stay ahead of the competition. If two websites sell the same thing, it is more likely that the website optimized by the search engine will have more clients and sell more.
Top 10 SEO Growth Hacks
1. Mobile-Responsive Site
The amount of searches originating from mobile devices has increased significantly. This is due to a rise in the number of mobile devices and increased internet accessibility globally. Traffic produced from smartphones and tablets is also growing owing to the increased use of mobile devices. Brands need to concentrate on developing sites for mobile consumers, rather than just developing a site that operates on their devices, to fully optimize for mobile. This is a major component of hacking SEO development.
To make your website mobile-responsive, follow these tips:
- Make sure you generate material that is cohesive, legible and meaningful.
- Make sure your visuals are optimized to take less time to load.
- Always take care not to create static or horizontal pages but to create vertical page designs.
- Use touch-friendly buttons and instruments for navigation.
- Always add buttons to your content for social sharing. This will render sharing your content with your social networks simple for your readers.
2. User Experience (UX)
Web pages should mainly be developed for users, not search engines. Therefore, you should strive to provide your target audience with an outstanding user experience. User experience affects your rankings directly. Make sure that when you develop a web page for them you know and consider the requirements of your prospective customers. This will assist you to enhance the experience of the customer.
User Experience can be enhanced by the following ways:
- Maintain content concentrated on a single need and use connections to direct visitors to more data as required.
- Ensure that images are saved in the best format and use compression instruments to operate your picture to reduce the size without lowering the quality.
- Keep your code smooth and tidy to keep pace with your site.
- Not letting your server bog you down is essential. Use a dedicated server to increase your site speed.
3. Page Load Speed
Page speed can be defined in either “page load moment” (the time it takes for content to be fully displayed on a particular page) or “time to first byte” (how long it takes your browser to obtain the first byte of internet server data). Your website’s page load speed may influence your rankings. If it takes too long to load your web pages, it can upset users. This can be frustrating and, despite getting excellent content on your website, can drive away your audience. You need to make sure you have a quick page load speed on your website.
Page load speed can be increased by:
- Removing all unnecessary links and content from the web pages.
- The size of the visuals needs to be optimized as it is a leading factor in determining the page load speed.
- Reducing page redirects to other pages help to increase the page speed.
- Improve your server reaction time, look for and solve performance bottlenecks such as slow database queries, slow routing, or insufficient memory.
Improving the page load speed of your website is a strong way to enhance rankings without altering the content or adding backlinks.
4. Featured Snippets
Featured snippets make the search engine findings pages more visible than any other place. It is even more prominent than the top place and is often referred to as the Zero place. From the point of view of a potential customer, by being in a featured snippet, you become more desirable. For driving visitors to your site, ranking for a featured snippet is so much more useful and efficient than ranking for # 1. Some tactics will assist you to enhance your chances of having snippets feature:
- Answer questions that most of your target audience and customers ask.
- Capitalize on the questions present in “People also ask” section. This section usually appears below the featured snippet and can help you to get zero rankings on more questions.
- Use the ‘inverted pyramid technique’ to land on featured snippets.
- Make sure to format your snippet as per the category i.e, paragraph, list, and table.
- Use phrases that produce snippets that are featured.
5. Meta Tags
Meta tags are text snippets describing the content of a website; meta tags do not appear on the page itself, but only in the source code of the page. Meta tags are small descriptors of content that assist inform search engines about what a web page is. If you do it right, optimizing your meta titles and descriptions can increase your impressions and traffic considerably.
Meta Tags can be used to improve SEO in the following ways:
- The average meta title should be about 55 characters long, whereas there are about 164 characters in the average meta description.
- Meta tags should portray correctly and concisely what the page is about, so searchers will understand if their searches are important.
- Keep your meta titles short and to the point, summarizing the topic discussed on the page accurately.
- Meta descriptions should be approximately two sentences long. They should be as short as possible and yet as descriptive.
6. Content Cluster
Content clusters are rapidly becoming an excellent way to set up their site on a range of subjects as an authority. Creating content clusters requires a primary page to function as the pillar page – the content centre with overarching subjects. All content pages linked to this primary subject will link back to this and each other pillar page. You could have a single SEO pillar page and generate separate content pieces on varying SEO strategies and related topics. Pages were placed greater in the outcomes of the search engine when they were more interconnected. And a rise in inner connections also increased impressions.
7. Keyword Research
Keyword research is an essential part of SEO and one of the most essential SEO growth hacks. Keyword research affects any other SEO job you are performing, including discovering content subjects, SEO on-page, and outreach and promotion. Usually, the first phase of any SEO campaign is keyword research.
Hacks for improving SEO with the help of Keyword Research are as follows:
- Use less popular keywords. Popular keywords usually have more competition attached to them.
- Use high volume keywords that have relatively less competition.
- Keywords to match your target audience should be intended.
- Keywords are useful in the URL. Be specific in the URL. Avoid keyword stuffing.
- Use Long-Tail Keywords as they have less search traffic but have a higher conversion value as they are more specific.
SEO growth hacks can have a major effect on both your search results ranking and your conversions. SEO strategies such as using long-tail keywords, creating a mobile-responsive website, and enhancing page loading velocity can greatly assist you. Taking a content writing course can give you real insights on how to use SEO strategies for content on the best possible manner.
Do you understand any other efficient hacking strategies for SEO development or any other SEO growth hacks? If so, kindly feel free in the remarks below to share your ideas.
CareerTips4U is a career counselling venture that works with an aim to provide unbiased career guidance with a mainstream phenomenon. We are a one-stop place to help you understand your career priorities, provide you with the right job and all the resources in the process. Our mission is to provide any student in high school, college or an educated professional with an ability to achieve their dreams of successful professional life, growth and personal advancement irrespective of their history and geographic position.